Postnatal Massage can be similar to Pregnancy Massage, or may be more like a ‘normal’ massage. It depends on the individual and how long after the birth you come for treatment. It is aimed at helping you with the many physical and emotional adjustments you are undergoing during this period.
As with Pregnancy Massage, the session will involve a consultation and appropriate treatment, including suggestions for gentle exercise and stretching.
Just as each pregnancy is different, everyone has their own experience of recovery after the birth. This may be influenced by factors including your general health, pregnancy experience, the birth, your baby, how easy you are finding bonding, breast feeding and generally being a mother.
It is important that you take care of yourself as well as your baby in the months following childbirth. There is often an expectation of being ‘back to normal’ as soon as possible these days, but you have gone through a huge experience which took 9 months so why should you be expected to pick up where you left off within a few weeks? Only you know how you feel, so taking the time that you need to recover and look after yourself can only benefit yourself and your baby in the long run.
Benefits of Postnatal Massage
Emotionally and physically the postnatal period can put a great deal of strain on mothers. Massage during this time can help to:
- Provide emotional support
- Help ease muscle strain and fatigue of labour and childbirth
- Assist in the healing of the pelvic floor and pelvic alignment
- Help abdominal muscles recover
- Encourage healing after a Caesarian Section
- Help in the restoration of normal walking patterns
- Prevent and reduce back and neck pain caused by the physical nature of caring for a newborn baby
- Encourage good posture
Call 07847 101942 or Email Today for Information or Appointments